maandag 1 juni 2015

the DUFF

What does popularity really mean?

After starting 5 blogs and never finishing them, my goal is to really finish this blog.
Maybe it will go viral, that would be awesome.
The last blog I had, had like 1200 views, so not much.
I hope I can inspire people and show them what labels, popularity, insecurities and all those things that probably matter in our society.

So if you ask me to describe my opinion about popularity, and you would've asked me that in the beginning of this school year, I would probably said something a lot like this:
''Popularity is a group of good- looking people who are dominating a place, it can be school, work, or just in a park''
But if you ask me now you will get an answer like this:
''Popularity is just a meaningless word, that has a big meaning to people, but does it?''

Most people in my school who are popular are aware of that, a little bit too good aware of it.
You can see that they're trying to dominate school, and everyone in there, even the teachers.
They are the most noisy people in your class.
And I'm not one of them, and I'm painfully aware of that.
It's not that they bully me or something, but if you do something stupid it will hunt you for the rest of the year. 

But I really don't care anymore, once I've seen the movie: the DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend), I know I'm the Duff of my friend's group, but we all are.
The Duff really inspired me.

There always will be people who are throwing a label or a name to you, but the only thing that matters is how you define yourself, not even label, no, because labels are not necessary. Popularity is not even in my dictionary anymore, I really just put a big red stripe through it. 
Popularity means nothing to me, and that's just because I know who I am.
Yeah, my style may be a little weird sometimes, but when I feel comfortable don't ruin it for me.
I did let that happen a few times, when I wore something that was a bit different and people said things about it, I used to get really upset over it, but now not anymore.
The only opinion I need is from myself, and the only thing who is allowed to make me feel miserable about myself is myself, but I won't let that happen anymore.

I'm not the cutest girl, or the hottest, or the sexiest, but I am dang sure about who I am, and that's what matters.
I'm not afraid of other people's opinion's anymore, because I know that none of that matters anymore.
I hope that everyone will realize how much more relaxed you are when you let go of what others think of you.
Really let that go, you will feel much better about yourself.

I understand that it's hard to believe, but there always will be someone who loves you no matter what. Creating a mindset like this is hard, but once you've got it, you won't let that go.
So if you have time, even if you don't have time right now, I have a little assignment, and it will only take like 2 minutes.

Do you have a big mirror where you can see yourself completely?
Yes? Great! Now go and stand in front of that mirror.
No? Then grab a hand mirror or stand in front of a small mirror, but you have to stand!
Okay, now stand straight with both of your feet on the ground.
Shoulders relaxed, and look at yourself in the mirror.
While you're standing there I want you to look into your own eyes, for just a few second, and try to stay focused. 
DO NOT LAUGH! Because that means you laugh about yourself and we don't laugh about each other, and we don't laugh about ourselves.
Okay great, now I want you to repeat this next sentence 20 times, and it has to sound more confident everytime.
''I am Beautiful, Wonderfull, Powerfull, There is no one like me, I am Unique, and a beauty, this is me and no one can change that!''
20 times ladies and gentlemen!!!!
In the beginning it will feel a little bit awkward, but it's worth it, if you repeat this exercise everyday, you'll build up your confidence, and that is really important.

I hope you learned something.
Try to smile, it will also give you a positive mindset.

Much of love,
Your Friend
Sharon - Tamar 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten